Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week Six


Week six.

What have I learned - I learned that women should be happy with their image no matter what. A lot of ads that women see everyday with beautiful women on it do not really think that most of those ads are photo shopped or the women in them have a airbrushed tan. It is so important to be happy with who you are.

What have I done - This week we did a great assignment that women are very pressured by today's media to be beautiful. Which is SO true. It is funny how women are always pressured to look "young" and "beautiful", but with men... they are not pressured to look a certain way. We then made a power point of how men could possibly be pressured by the media, which we came to find out they are not as pressured as women. We also discovered which tool we would use for our midterm reflection, and this is mine :)

How do I feel about what I have learned and what I have done - The assignment we did that talks about how women are so pressured to look good by the media really was an eye opener. It is very true, and you never really think about it in your everyday life. Women see a million ads a day with skinny, tan, and young women on it, which can really hurt a woman's self esteem.

What could I do or what could the professor do to make the course better and improve my writing skills - We discussed more about POW and WOW techniques, which I know will greatly improve my paper in the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment